Problem with files being overwritten

StrandedLegion

I'm having a fairly serious problem, and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to find a solution to my problem.

To preface this, I'm using two computers running Windows 7, linked in a network. I'm recording with Majix Music Studio 10 Deluxe.

Ok, so the problem I'm having is this. I've been backing up my music projects, and on one project, something has happened with the time indexing with the virtual objects. Their indexes have gotten out of sync with the raw wave files, and as a result, the whole song is screwed up. The parts are coming in at the wrong time, and on some tracks, several wave files are getting mixed in to one virtual object.

I have two different folders in which I have saved the projects. Both folders are on the same hard drive, but are in completely separate locations. I found that what's happening is that when I save or modify a file in one location/folder, it is also being modified the other folder. I have never had this problem before, and I don't understand why this is happening. Not only that, but as a precaution, I installed the Majix software on my 2nd computer. I copied one of the folders to my 2nd computer, and opened and saved one project. When I did that, some of the files were modified on my first computer, not just on the 2nd. Not only that, but both folders on my first computer were modified, along with the folder on my 2nd computer, which was the only one that should have been affected.

I'm at a loss on this one. I understand that no one will be able to diagnose the problem, just with the information I've provided. I was just wondering if someone could suggest a place for me to even start, because this one has me stumped.

I'm at a loss on this one. I understand that no one will be able to diagnose the problem, just with the information I've provided. I was just wondering if someone could suggest a place for me to even start, because this one has me stumped.

:)

It's something YOU did....not the computers.
Obvuiously there is a link/sync between them that you've screwed up somehow. Best bet is start fresh, rather than trying to simply clean up the existing configuration.

No, you misunderstand what I'm saying. The two computers are not supposed to by sync'd in the first place. Let me try to explain more thoroughly. Computer #1 is the one I use to record. Computer #2 never had Majix on it until today.

What happened is that the indexing problem happened on Computer #1. I have two folders with my projects, and both are on Computer #1. For some reason, when I attempted to save a file in "Folder A", the copy in "Folder B" was also modified. That's never happened before. I don't know what to ever look at to address that problem.

Where Computer #2 comes in is that I installed Majix on it, and was going to attempt to fix the projects on that computer, under the assumption that whatever settings got screwed up on Computer #1 wouldn't be affected on Computer #2. So, I made a copy of the project I wanted fix, and worked on it on Computer #2. However, I noticed that the projects on Computer #1 were being modified, even though I was working on an entirely different computer.

The thing is, this is not a system wide issue. For example, if I saved a Microsoft Word document on Computer #2, it will not modify that document on Computer #1. For that matter, if I have two Word documents on Computer #1, in different folders, saving the document in "Folder A" doesn't affect the copy in "Folder B." However, with my Majix files, files in two completely different folders are being affected. What I'm asking is where should I even look to find out what the problem is in the first place?

:)

It's something YOU did....not the computers.
Obvuiously there is a link/sync between them that you've screwed up somehow. Best bet is start fresh, rather than trying to simply clean up the existing configuration.

Back