Problem with ART USB Dual Pre Project Series

Sandcassle

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

I bought this ART USB Dual Pre Project Series new a couple of years ago and it worked great. I put it away in the original box in a safe, cool and dry place.

I got it out today to do some recording, but I'm not getting any signal showing up on the green LED lights, no matter what I try. I plugged my guitar in an amp and the output is fine, so that eliminates the guitar or chord. When I'm plugged into either the left or right 1/4" jacks, and the gains turned all the way to +48dB, I still have no illumination of the green LED's. I have this unit powered up with the USB cord to the computer. The power button is illuminated red. I've tried it with the power button pushed in and pushed out, but still no illumination of the green LED's. I feel confidant I'm getting a signal from the Dual Pre to the DAW, because when I push the phantom power button in, I can see the Vu meter showing the noise it is making.

I could try a mic in the mic inputs. But I'm wanting to record guitar using the 1/4" jacks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Roy

Can you tell if the preamps are working - you said the output is good? Possibly the circuit that powers the LEDs is bad.

Back