pro tools midi DOES suck!!! someone PLEASE help!!!!!!!!

czar of bizarre

ok guys heres the deal. im working with someone and im trying to help them configure the digi 001 and use it via midi. i use cubase sx,vs880ex,dr 660, um 2 midi box and xp60 for midi. my friend uses a digi 001,proteus,mpc,midi controller and midi sport midi interface.

i tried to connect his gear as if it were my set up. but i DONT know how to operate the midi in pro tools. i dont know what to click and i have scrolled hundreds of screens. well to make a long story short this is how i wanna set it up.

i want to use pro tools as the *master* and everything else as slave. i want to be able to play the proteus through the midi controller. i want to press play on pro tools and have the mpc play back. everything needs to be hooked up.

i need instructions on the pro tools OMS set up. i dont see a "sync" page where i can select midi clock etc etc etc.

if this thread seems rushed or in haste its because it is. as soon as i finish this i need to get back to busting my brain.....:confused: :mad:

the mpc has 2 midi outs and two midi ins. the digi has midi in and out. the proteus has in and out and so does the midi controller. the midi interface has two ins and two outs.

someone help. thanks in advance.excuse all typos,caps are not meant as yelling,this message will also appear in the midi section.

the czar

ps the pro tools manual said to NOT hook the digi midi *directly* to the interfcae midi.....

Back