Pro Tools Error... need some help...

borntoplease

okay... so i was trying to put the PT icon on my desktop... so i oppened up the applications folder and dragged out the icon... but i didnt realize it was the pro tools folder and not the exe icon...(or whatever its called on mac... im not too sure) so when i realized this i dragged it back into the digidesign folder. then i went to open pro tools and it gives me this error

Could not complete your request because: Assertion in "Sys_FileLoc.cpp", line 57.
then for some reason the i/o folder popped up into my desktop...

what this mean? am i screwed?? can anyone help?

yep, ya screwed up :p :D

To uninstall, launch the Pro Tools installer, click on custom install and choose uninstall. Click OK and then choose "clean" uninstall. After a clean uninstall, launch Pro Tools from the dock or from Applications>Digidesign>Pro Tools and remember that Pro Tools will request the authorization code upon launch.
Just make sure you make an alias next time of the correct PT startup file
:cool:

no....you won't. the sessions you create are separate files that are only referenced when needed. it's like when you type a Word document and save that...then uninstall MS Word. The file you typed is still there.

the only thing you MIGHT lose is saved plugin settings...however, i'm only 5% sure about that. i think even those will remain on your computer.

Back