Printing on blank CD's...

stevem5000

If this is the wrong forum...sorry...

I digitize old tapes, cassette's etc...and make CD's...

I have 2 Canon ip7220 printers so I can actually print 2 CD's at a time...

The print quality is fine...the issue is...

Often times I have to send the print job to the printers 2,3 times before the printer will actually print...
OR...on the Canon's you can push a button on the printer panel, and the disk will feed into the printer...
75% of the time...I have to press this button several times before it will take the CD into the printer and actually print...
Most of the time...the CD goes part way in then is rejected...I go thru this 3-4 times before it will print...

My question is...is there anyone out there that is printing CD's using the Canon ip7220...and if so, are you expierencing
similar issues...

Also...what other brands of printers you folks have used than run more reliable...

I'm considering moving up...but $8-1500 for the "pro" CD printers is out of my budget...

Appreciate any feedback...

Hi,
I have an ip4300 which doesn't have the above issue.
Once in a while it'll spit the tray out as if there's no disc, but I just pull it right out and try again and away it goes.
Usually I just put the tray with disc in, hit print and boom.

You're very much in the wrong place, by the way, but you're welcome none the less.
You might get lucky and find some friendly soul who happens to know about printers/computers, but this place is largely about home recording. :)

Thanks Steenamaroo...
I have posted other things on this forum...and just figured with all these guys recording...
They are probably making CD's....and I would think they would print directly CD...as you do...

Many thanks...I didn't know Canon made a different printer model that did CD's...

I tried burning and printing my own. It was too much headache to get it right. Then the cost of ink. I found it a whole lot easier and cheaper to go with a place like Kunaki. Let them deal with the printer problems and cost of ink. So, when you ask what other brands of printers you folks have used than run more reliable...
, I say Kunaki or another similar online service.

Back