Presonus Firepod - Did I just waste my money?

dudernut

I just ordered a used Presonus Firepod from eBay (link below). However, as I was researching it, it seems there may be some compatibility issues for 64bit systems, or perhaps specifically Windows 8. Does anyone know anything about this? I cannot seem to find a straight answer by Googling it. I wouldn't mind going back to 7 anyway, I don't care for Windows 8, but I definitely need something that works for a 64bit PC. Any response would be helpful, I am hoping to cancel it if needed before it ships out. Thanks!

PreSonus Firepod Audio Recording Interface | eBay

The driver link is directly to Presonus so legit. The rest is just procedure to run in compatibility mode. That is likely the trick. :)

Ok, thanks! Really crossing my fingers on this one...and having to wait for the shipping is gonna make it an interesting week!

Hey guys, I wrote that blog post. The method I describe for installing the drivers still works fine. I actually recorded a video so you can see for yourself - you can check that out on the original blog post linked above (I can't link it directly since this is my first post)

Worry no more my friend :)

Hey guys, I wrote that blog post. The method I describe for installing the drivers still works fine. I actually recorded a video so you can see for yourself - you can check that out on the original blog post linked above (I can't link it directly since this is my first post)

Well done. I have no plans to upgrade yet. But it did seem like a useful piece of info to hang on to. Welcome to the forum!

Awesome! I am once again excited about my purchase! :)

The interface arrived today...BIG thanks again trappar for that video, it was incredibly helpful. I am now having trouble getting Reaper to recognize the channels other than the first one. The only option it gives me on the input list is channel 1 listed as "Line in 1&2 left". With the Tascam USB I had been using previously (the fabled US-800), it would instantly recognize all inputs and allow me to choose it for the track of my choosing. Any suggestions anyone? Should I try the Reaper forum?

Sounds like a driver/firmware issue - I had the same problem when I bought my Alesis Multimix. I downloaded a firmware update and presto - all 16 channels appeared like magic.

Nevermind....got it figured out. I simply had to adjust the input range in the preferences. Gonna do a quick quality check through each channel, and I think I'll be in business. Thanks, everyone!

Back