Presonus Firebox help

B.SABBATH

hi

I'm trying to lay some vocals while monitoring the effects (compression, reverb) in real time.. I am using a laptop, and the firebox w/headphones..

with the Maudio FW410, all I have to do is uncheck direct monitoring in the Cubase control panel and everything works as expected.. I can play guitar rig in real time, use vocal effects as I sing etc..

with the firebox, the direct monitoring checkbox is grayed out.. sooo, when I hit record all I hear are the vocals.. I can't hear the music and vocals with effects at the same time like I can with the 410.. I can't even bypass the effects because I can't seem to hear the vocals and music at the same time so it doesn't help anyway...

why not use the 410 you might ask? because it's hooked up to the main daw and is complicated right now and I only have a couple hours.. that's why I bought a second sound card.. I should have bought another 410 but they were sold out at GC.. I've had the firebox for a while but only now got around to really putting it to use.. or trying to anyway..

so, if anyone is able to do this with their Firebox can you tell me how?

I'm thinking that the Firebox may not be able to do this, and if so, that makes Presonus a piece of garbage next to maudio.. hopefully this isn't the case..

thanks in advance..

I just hooked up the firebox to another computer and it worked..

why would it work on one computer and not the other? I don't know..

Back