PreSonus AudioBox suddenly not working....

success!!! installed the Scarlett, received no digital signature error, restarted computer, and the device was in my control panel. works great, excited to use it. Now, what to do with my old AudioBox...

I believe the answer was in the massive update I did, which included basically every update ever needed. :) Probably had something to do with the AudioBox as well, but hey, the Scarlett is supposed to have better preamps and stability, right?

So, thanks everyone for chiming in. Much appreciated and Merry Christmas!

I had this "update hang" problem a dew months ago with this HP i3 laptop.
I found an instance of "svchost.exe" was hogging 25% of the CPU resource all the time. The fix turned out to be as described, get the Ms fix for updates.

The process did not run EXACTLY as the Ms site described it should and I had to do a couple of extra re boots but all came good in the end.

I would strongly advise against trying third party so called solutions (unless the Top Men here say so!) and stick to the Ms protocols.

Dave.

success!!! installed the Scarlett, received no digital signature error, restarted computer, and the device was in my control panel. works great, excited to use it. Now, what to do with my old AudioBox...

I believe the answer was in the massive update I did, which included basically every update ever needed. :) Probably had something to do with the AudioBox as well, but hey, the Scarlett is supposed to have better preamps and stability, right?

Good you got it up and running.
:D

Nice! Enjoy the holiday man!

Back