PreSonus 16.4.2

BroKen_H

Re-member
Looking at dropping the wad ($1600) on this board. I love their "fat channel". Anyone heard downs on this? I don't want to put out that kind of money for something that sounds great on paper, but doesn't stand up. For the under $2k budget, I've never seen anything like it. But, of course, most of the information comes from PreSonus themselves. The only down to the board that I can see is a lack of motorized faders/knobs, but the intro to that level of board seems to be around 10x the asking price for this board...

Always nervous about dropping big money (for me). And I don't have a lot of need for live (all of my live is handled with an 8 channel mackie). I only have one mic, two guitars and two keys live. But the ability to record my stuff live with the Capture software is kind of nice, too.

Anyway, like I said, just looking for any experience or links to experience...

The lack of motorised faders was a major issue and a deal breaker for me. Motorised faders for the scene presets is, for me at least, essential on any digital board.

I strongly suggest you have a look at the Behringer x32. Soundwise it's at least as good as the Presonus if not a fair bit better, many thousands have been delivered proving reliability and, though the list price is slightly higher than $1600, moresound has posted that there are now some big discounts out there.

And if the x32 is too big for you, there's a 16 channel version (surprisingly the x16) either recently out or about to come out. It might even persuade you to ditch your live Mackie--I know I would!

Well, that does look sweet, but I certainly don't need 32 channels and the x16 seems conceptual. Could not find one for sale, but the only review of it I saw seemed to indicate that it's interface would be on iPad. That is not a good system for me. Apple is well known for changing interfaces, changing software platforms, changing... If I could run it from my Galaxy...

Thankx for the information. There's finding software for the sliders on the 16.4.2, but that doesn't help with the knobs and it seems like it would be a nuisance. Any other ideas in a 16 channel live/studio board?

Back