powered monitors amplifier hum?

paresh

Not sure which forum to post this, and sorry if this is dumb - I've never had powered monitors for mixing. Wouldn't the amplifier noise be a distraction? Thanks.

Power amplifiers themselves, do not make noise. The fans that cool them do. Powered monitors typically use cooling fins to distribute heat. Not fans. No noise. :)

Could be a power grounding issue, or a balanced cable out of phase. I had the same issue when the store I bout my cables from improperly repaired my XLR cable and soldered the cables to the wrong pins. The head engineer I work with removes all the grounds from his equipment by breaking them off, I don't recommend this tactic but its a common practice. The proper way is to use a ground lift.

Could be a power grounding issue, or a balanced cable out of phase. I had the same issue when the store I bout my cables from improperly repaired my XLR cable and soldered the cables to the wrong pins. The head engineer I work with removes all the grounds from his equipment by breaking them off, I don't recommend this tactic but its a common practice. The proper way is to use a ground lift.

Kind of out of place response for the OP's question. Hmm...

It was an accidental post to the wrong thread.. PS Im a fully educated spam bot, and I can count by myself too, see..1,2,3,4.. Jealous?

LOL! I thought so. Read your other posts, and knew you were for real.

Just razzing you man. Welcome to the forum! :D

Jimmy

Thanks bud. I know how these forums can be riddled with spammers.. I guess this would be my hazing period..LOL..
Chris

Back