Power fading in and out from interface to mic.

WeldPhaser

hello again,

the power to my mic is fading in and out from time to time. i'll get all set-up and hit the arm rec button on ableton, and i can hear the noise in my headphones die to nothing, and then it comes back. any ideas,

again I have a Yamaha udiogram6 , and a MXL v57m.

when in record in ableton do i put my output to 1, 1/2, or 2?

Could be a bus power issue, e.g., if the USB power being supplied to the interface is not sufficient to power the 48v condenser, or it could be some other fault. I'd want to test the mic with a different interface, maybe on a friend's recording setup (?), or even a PA that could supply the required phantom power, to rule out a problem with the mic, too. If the mic's Ok, maybe try a different interface on your computer.

I googled and noticed that the newer replacement (AG06) adds a separate 5v power (input) connection, as well as 24-bit recording and USB 2.0 (vs 1.1 for yours) connectivity, so your interface is pretty obsolete by even a few-year-old standards.

Could be a bus power issue, e.g., if the USB power being supplied to the interface is not sufficient to power the 48v condenser, or it could be some other fault. I'd want to test the mic with a different interface, maybe on a friend's recording setup (?), or even a PA that could supply the required phantom power, to rule out a problem with the mic, too. If the mic's Ok, maybe try a different interface on your computer.

I googled and noticed that the newer replacement (AG06) adds a separate 5v power (input) connection, as well as 24-bit recording and USB 2.0 (vs 1.1 for yours) connectivity, so your interface is pretty obsolete by even a few-year-old standards.

yeah i know its old , im getting an audiobox 2.0 next week. i'mthinking its that yeah the audiogram can't handle the mxl

Back