Possible causes of CPU overload on an LE system (PC)?

Clyde

I'm using the 002 rack with a new pc (2.8 ghz, 1.5 gigs ram). I've been having all kinds of CPU usage issues that are still yet to be resolved. I'm maxing out at only 10 or so tracks and a few plug-ins. I can play back only a few passes at this point before getting an error message, unless I disable half the tracks. I have a dedicated serial ATA harddrive for my sessions, so using the system harddrive isn't the issue. I close every other program. I turned off hyperthreading. I know people running more tracks with a lesser computer, so are there any other possible major or minor changes I can make?

Optimize your PC for recording.
Check for conflicting hardware (video especially)
Check buffer settings.
Isolate the plug ins, among a few things.

I will go out on a limb saying you are recording 24/96. If so, then that is what is eating up a lot of resources. If not, then I am not sure as I use neither the 002 or a comparable processor.

Check The Buffer Settings!!!

i had a lot of problems that sound like what you're dealing with... i changed the buffer settings on my interface control panel within windows (after 6 long months...), and all is well. it appears that the CPU doesn't agree with lower buffer settings, and does well with a little bit more latency... it will at least keep up, and not cause any problems

Yes, make sure you are mixing with a 1028 sample buffer. If that's not the issue, try doing the tweaks here. www.musicxp.net
Do you have antivirus on? Sometimes that'll cause your system to take a dump.

Back