Please help - Something hijacking soundcard whilst in Cubase, changing bit depth only

actuality

Hi
The title says it all, really. I work in 48,000khz, 32bit floating point in Cubase. My soundcard is an external M-Audio Fast-Track Ultra. I have a newly installed windows ten, but I've pretty brutal stripped it down of non-needed services, apps and so on. All internal sound devices on my pc are disabled. About every half hour or so, the sond cuts out. When I go to the audio thing on the taskbar, it says the soundcard is at 48,000khz and 24bit. When I change it back, everything works great for another half hour or so.
I can't think of any app that might be doing this. I have Spotify, but when I make music I completely cut my internet connection. It isn't running in the background. System sounds are disabled.
I have tried "allow apps to take exclusive control of this device" both on and off - problem still persists.
I have tried "release driver whilst in the background" option in Cubase both on and off. Ditto.
A free, exclusive, pre release download of the next Go Satta single (the "future-pop" duo I'm in. We've picked up three record deals in the past 12 months) to anyone who can solve this. I'm not boasting, just so you know it'll be at least a half-decent sounding track :)
Thanks in advance
Lee

Last edited:
I'd be inclined to leave the m-audio at 24. 32 floating, as I understand it, is how the system processes data. But A/D and D/A conversions, which are functions of the sound card, are not part of this.

Back