Please help me decided Focusrite Saffire 6 or Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 ?

shaolin95

Hi!
For my Windows 7 64bits/ Sonar 8.5 rig, I am trying to move to a USB interface and avoid the line inputs in my x-prelude sound card then later on get a NT1 mic to replace my sm58.

Anyone has tried those two and can tell me if it is worth the extra $50 for the Scarlett? It seems it can record at 24/96 vs 24/48 on the Saffire is that is important.
Thanks!

Haven't tried the Saffire, but my current setup is similar to yours. Rode NT1 - Windows 7, 64 bit DAW - Sonar X1 Producer with a Scarlett 18i6.

The Saffire 6 has USB 1. Scarlett 18i6 and 8i6 are USB 2. That convinced me.

The Scarlett supports MixControl, which is nice because you can get some advanced routing options. Other than that, the differences are mostly physical. The Saffire has more buttons/knobs if you like to control things through hardware rather than software. Plus, the Saffire includes pads and inst. switches which may be useful. The Scarlett has SPDIF support, though -- the Saffire does not.

Last edited:
Haven't tried the Saffire, but my current setup is similar to yours. Rode NT1 - Windows 7, 64 bit DAW - Sonar X1 Producer with a Scarlett 18i6.

The Saffire 6 has USB 1. Scarlett 18i6 and 8i6 are USB 2. That convinced me.

18 in with 4 out? So is that like a mixer with a Windows interface? I've never seen anything like that except on a mixer.

Back