Please help - interface/driver issue!

famous beagle

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this issue.

I'm working with Reaper on Windows XP SP3 on a Dell Optiplex dual core with 2.6GHz and 3GB of RAM.

I was working with an M-Audio Delta 1010LT, but I don't have that anymore, so I picked up an Echo Layla (the old 20-bit one).

I've installed the Layla, and the driver (v6.11) seemed to install with no problem. I first tried to set up the inputs/outputs with the "Echo WDM ASIO" driver. But when I hit play on any project, I get this message:

"There was an error while opening your audio hardware:
Error initializing buffers."

Then I tried to use the ASIO4ALL driver, and it won't recognize my inputs/outputs. In the ASIO4ALL configuration screen, there's a red X over each of the inputs/outputs, and when I hover the mouse over one, it says:

"Status: Unavailable!

In use by another application?
MS GS Wavetable Synth enabled?"

Any clue as to what the issue could be? I've already tried re-booting and re-installing the (Layla) driver, all to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Just a guess this but...
Do you still have the old 1010lt driver CD? if so run it once when it should initially remove the old M-Audio drivers, stop at that point, take out the CD and re boot. Then try a reinstall of the Layla drivers (oh and disable the system sound card).

If no joy there install Revounistaller and see if it lists the M-A drivers if so remove them using the most advanced mode.

Run the registry cleaner in Ccleaner a few times until as much crap as possible is removed.

Or/and run a search for M-Audio, 1010 etc and delete anything you find. Run Ccleaner again.

Try downloading the drivers again, possibly on another PC and put them on a stick, you might have a corrupt download.

Or! Buy an NI KA6, never a bit o bother!

Dave.

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a shot this weekend. I don't have the old 1010 disk, but wouldn't it be the same if I just downloaded the driver from their site and ran that? Or not?

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I'll be able to give it a shot this weekend. I don't have the old 1010 disk, but wouldn't it be the same if I just downloaded the driver from their site and ran that? Or not?

Thanks
Don't know if the site files would work but can't do any harm to try. But does anyone know of a driver "search and destroy" app?

Dave.

wouldn't it be the same if I just downloaded the driver from their site and ran that?

Yes it would be the same. The driver installer on M-Audio website will let you fully uninstall the 1010 drivers.

I would do that then try what ecc83 suggested. See how you get on from there. Good luck. :thumbs up:

make sure the old drivers are uninstalled. make sure you have the newest driver/firmware downloaded. also disable the computer's soundcard in bios.

also be aware that you have to reboot so the hardware wizard can finish out and close the registry. (this will make the i/o unavailable till you reboot ). if it has a red X in the hardware wizard after reboot there is a hardware conflict or the firmware needs updated.

Back