Please Help! Connect and Record Mix On Mac with Dj Setup

furstenburg

Hi there!

I have been trying to connect my mixer setup to my computer to record live mixes. My questions are how do i do it and what components do i need?

My setup consists of A Behringer DJX700, two Pioneer CDJ800MK2 and one Macbook Retina 13".

I have done the setup before on a stationary computer and understand the whole part with the line in, but would still like a good run through. Though on this laptop computer i only have one output, and it is for headphones. Is it still possible or do i have to buy a soundcard interface (or whatever it is called)? If so, what examples that are small and in the lower price range. Its pretty straight forward, dj mix as usual with headphones in the mixer and sound coming from the mixer, to my speakers, just want to record this aswell. I wish to simply record the mixes with audacity and will be able to find help with that on youtube if needed.

I also have a PC with a headphone output and a microphone output but still no line-in. If it cant be done with the mac, is it possible with this one instead?

I have struggled with this for a year or so and can't find a good answer fitting my setup on youtube.

Please help me out here!

Kind regards from Sweden!

Take one of the outs on your mixer and connect to yout laptops input? If no laptop input, you can get a usb sound card to plug into or an audio interface like the Lexicon Alpha. Then setup your app to record, test, set levels and start mixing.

Back