Piracy

DamnedNation

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get pirated versions of plugins for ProTools? I cannot afford to spend money on plugins as I am a student and don't have the time to get a job. I don't even have my own protools, a friend of mine does and lets me borrow his. I could really use D-Verb and would really like to play around with other plugins. I do understand that this is stealing but I don't really care. I only think you should pay for a tool if you intend to make money with it.

damn you people are weird

what the fuck are you talking about.
check my email, I go to fucking highschool.

Crazy paranoid fucks.

What exactly does one do at a "F#%$ng** High school"? Would that be a place where one acquires knowledge pertaining to the fine art of "F@$#ng" one's self. If so, you might employ said knowledge. Additionally, pay attention at this "high school". There you might learn that it is actually two words and not one.

Good Job.

Fangar

re: DamnedNation

Yikes.......... another netfreak........

I guess school let out for the holidays and mommy let junior play with dad's computer...........

Guess we'll see a bit more of these screwy posts in the next couple of weeks until school's back in again.

:rolleyes:

How'd u like 5 years in the slammer??? Thats the minimum penalty under the law if you are caught. Just something to think about.

In the slammer, he would definately get the up to date info on the "piracy" issues... Butt Piracy that is. Most likely have all of the "Plug ins" that he would need.

I couldn't resist.

Fanagr.

Hey Bubba

If you're a youngster in high school, then it's a good time to learn that stealing things pisses a lot of hard-working musicians off. The guys on this board may not all be saints but they do walk in lockstep when it comes to thievery.

Why don't you apoligize and pay the man for the goods.

In the slammer, he would definately get the up to date info on the "piracy" issues... Butt Piracy
I think you'll be a paranoid fuck when "Bubba" wants to tatoo tits on your back and teach you all about the American Penile System.:eek:

High School Boy:
Peolpe like you are why honest people like me pay so much for our software and apps.
If you can't afford it, then you can't have it!
Stay in school, get an education, then get a job so you can afford your indulgences!

theft

I have to agree with the anti-theft camp here. Think about how you would feel if someone came along and stole your intellectual property (read:songs). That is exactly what you are doing with pirated software.

Matty_boy

Funny

Greetings,

I do like the logic behind it though;

I only think you should pay for a tool if you intend to make money with it.

That is like saying nobody should pay for Microsoft Windows, because they do not directly make money from it.

That is so dumb it sounds like something people attribute to me...

SirRiff

This will probably piss a few people off but....

Point 1:
I am poor... Right now I would now pay $300 for software even if I couldn't get it free.

Point 2:
Most software companies WANT their software pirated to some extent. The smart ones at least.

Piracy = better availability = more people using the software = standardization = $$$ for company

So don't you see? Wouldn't software companies with all the technology available today employ a tad bit more powerful anti-piracy device than the archaic "serial code" if they really didn't want their software pirated? Of course they would.

Yes, this is how I justify using the stuff.

If you ask me, if you can't afford it, well guess what... you can't buy, just download it.

My point is this: I wanted Adobe Photoshop 6, but it's somewhere around $600. There is no way in hell I would lay out or can lay out $600 for software that I would not use for money making purposes. Even if I could make money off of that, so what. If the Federal Gov't doesn't arrest the people that are in charge of mopheus, then I think that our own Gov't doesn't even know if Morpheus is right or wrong...

synergy said:
This will probably piss a few people off but....

Point 1:
I am poor... Right now I would now pay $300 for software even if I couldn't get it free.

Point 2:
Most software companies WANT their software pirated to some extent. The smart ones at least.

Point #3
Piracy = better availability = more people using the software = standardization = $$$ for company

Point #4
So don't you see? Wouldn't software companies with all the technology available today employ a tad bit more powerful anti-piracy device than the archaic "serial code" if they really didn't want their software pirated? Of course they would.

Yes, this is how I justify using the stuff.

Point #1: If you can't afford it, you can't have it!
Point #2: Bullshit! Companies don't spend enormous amounts of capital on Research, Development, Marketing, and Distribution just to have their product hacked.
Point #3: Piracy doesn't increase availability, the product is ALREADY available, you just have to buy it! Hacked software = a revenue loss, NOT revenue generated.
Point #4:Thats like saying "If I didn't want you to break into my house, and steal my stuff, or break into my car and steal it, I'd use something besides a lock and key!"

The serial # code should be enough of a deterent, and many software venders are employing the older "Dongle" as added protection.

Would you break into a store late at night and steal that new microphone you've had your eye on simply because you can't afford it? I should hope not.
Software is just as much a tangible product as hardware like the afore mentioned microphone.
I'm so tired of hearing "I can't afford it" as an excuse to steal! Well boo-fucking-whoo.
I'll say it again: If you can't afford it, you can't have it!

Back