PCI Graphics

curiousgeorge

Hi not sure if i have the correct section here so.....sorry if not i need a pci full height not pci-e graphics card to run dual monitors but being on windows 7 its really hard to find one cheap enough for what i need .I dont want to go mad as its only for dual monitors any help please?.

Yup, it's in the wrong section. I'll move it.

a PCI card? Win7? Dual monitors? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a PCI video card.

But... did you google it?? :facepalm:

Try Here

Hi not sure if i have the correct section here so.....sorry if not i need a pci full height not pci-e graphics card to run dual monitors but being on windows 7 its really hard to find one cheap enough for what i need .I dont want to go mad as its only for dual monitors any help please?.

Hi,
Why do you need a pci graphics card? Do you not have an AGP or PCI-E slot available?

I'd get on eBay and have a search.

Also, take a look at USB 'graphics cards'.
They totally buckle under any pressure (video playback etc) but they're fine for second DAW screen or whatever.

did you google it?

sorry no luck Doh

You're doing it wrong... :)
Try this. Maybe an x1300 or something?

maybe this thing will help ? StarTech.com USB to VGA Multi Monitor External Video Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

• Connect a VGA monitor for an extended desktop multi-monitor USB solution
  • Compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP computers and VGA equipped monitors and projectors
  • USB Video / Multi Monitor Adapter / USB Video Card / USB to VGA
  • Increased productivity with multiple applications on different screens
  • View documents, spreadsheets and web pages on multiple monitors
  • replaced by USB32VGAES

What CPU do you have? Does your motherboard have dual video outputs? You can run two monitors from the onboard graphics on most modern Intel processors.

Whoa, that's a weird case.

Looks like you have a pci riser which would place the pci cards vertically rather than horizontally (in an upright tower).
You can either get a pci video card as you originally suggested, or get a conventional case from somewhere and go pci-e.
(I thought it was AGP, but the motherboard says pcie 16x)

Assuming you already have one screen working and aren't going to be asking a lot of screen two, those USB jobs might be the easiest and cheapest thing.
I have one here. I got it on eBay for very cheap.

This from the manual:
Only one optional PCI riser card (the PCI riser or the PCI Express x16 riser)

Which means, if you use the PCI riser, it uses the AGP slot. Just remove the riser and put your graphics card there.

Back