PC USB-Interface Connection Issue

Ccake

Hey there,

I have an issue with my PC(s) not recognizing my USB Interface(NI Komplete Audio 6).
So far i have tried re-installing all drivers, unplugging any other USB devices, replacing cable, using an powered USB hub and trying the same on an other PC.

As far as I know all my drivers for the Interface and PC are up to date, the interface does show the power LED on, as it should be.

I think that there is a setting in Windows that should force connect a device or any order I should restart the PC and connect the device.

I'm using Win10 64bit, the Interface has been bought in Feburay this year.

Best regards, and hoping for a quick answer,

Luc

Always retrace steps.. make sure you have installed the driver before connecting the interface via USB. Then, when all is installed and connected in the proper sequence, refer to section 3.1 in your manual for configuration - so the interface will be selected as playback device in place of your PC's sound card.

It's also possible any non-oem anti-virus software may need to be disabled - sometimes these inhibit connectivity.

Always retrace steps.. make sure you have installed the driver before connecting the interface via USB. Then, when all is installed and connected in the proper sequence, refer to section 3.1 in your manual for configuration - so the interface will be selected as playback device in place of your PC's sound card.

It's also possible any non-oem anti-virus software may need to be disabled - sometimes these inhibit connectivity.

Thank you for the reply but it doesn't show the interface as avalable in the tab. When I connet the cable the PC does not find the interface at all(no sound is played when plugged or unplugged).

Luc

I have run my KA6 in W10 64 briefly so I know it works (I really must get that W10 PC setup for tests!)

My further comments however only apply to W7 but might be of some help.

First of all, clear out all the drivers you have for the KA6, they could be corrupted, unlikely but ***t'appen. Now download afresh and stick them on the desktop. #

Run Ccleaner a few times until no Registry errors are reported.

Go into Control panel and disable (not 'uninstall') On Board Sound, most likely Realtech. Re-boot.

Now run the NI driver. because there IS no other active sound device you are pretty sure to get the KA6!

If still no joy, get in touch with NI. Did you register the device? If so make sure you have your password an other details handy. They are very precise and picky that way!

Have you installed the Cubase freebie? If not try that first, might latch onto the KA6.

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

So far I have tried all those things, but it doesn't help. Next step is contacting NI. I have Cubase 9 that came with the Interface.

Luc

Hey there,

I have an issue with my PC(s) not recognizing my USB Interface(NI Komplete Audio 6).

Let's stop here first.... What do you mean when you say not recognizing the interface? How do you know? What is telling you whether it is connected or not? Have you looked in Device Manager? If the power light is on, then most likely it is connected and the driver is working properly.

The power light is on, but on my PC no device is found. Also the driver shows a message that there is no interface connected. In the device manager there is no interface nor does the PC make the sound when coonection(or disconnecting) new hardware.

I see the latest driver is 4.2.0 and you bought it in February, so it should have the latest, but can you double check?
Was it working before? Re-reading you tried it on another PC and it still didn't work. That does kind of point to a hardware problem and maybe NI is your next step.

Good luck and let us know what happened.

Just throwing this out for checking-some USB interfaces will only work on either USB2 or 3 but not both so try switching USB ports

Just throwing this out for checking-some USB interfaces will only work on either USB2 or 3 but not both so try switching USB ports

Think OP's tried that but in any case, the NI KA6 works on USB 2 OR 3.0 and any OS you can think of!

Dave.

I've downloaded the driver a couple of times so it is the recent version. I've tried both USB2 and USB3, both on the 2 PCs with different cables.
I'm goingt to contact NI, maybe they can help.
Luc

Sounds like the interface is no longer working man... I’ve had this same issue with a few interfaces myself... Long story short, you most likely now have a giant paperweight

Back