PC Soundcard

gmaister22

Hello there guys

I am looking for a decent quality sound card to hook up my headphones (sennheise hd25ii) and my monitors (alesis m1 active mk2)

I am looking at a few i liked, M-Track Plus MKII , Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, STEINBERG UR-22

I do not record, i just want decent playback!

The card has to have a headphone's gain knob too

price range tops 200 euro, if i can get something as good with less, even better!

DACs dont seem to be able to connect RCA and a jack to them, not those that are less than 200 euro at least xD
Also, i prefer separate volume knobs for headphones and speakers

I will say this, USB interface with nice sound, Presonus audio box. Volume control for speakers and a good headphone amp with volume control. No RCA jacks is the only negative, should be under 200 euros and nice metal case as well.

Now I am going to appear silly here but, bear with!

Behringer UCA 202 and the Berry HA400 headphone amp (maybe upgrade that later) . NOT silly because I came across an audiophile article* a year or so ago that showed that the 202 had remarkable good D/A converters (recording is NOT so clever but still pretty good for the money) . Yes, 16 bit only but that's CD spec and OP is unlikely to come across 24bit material anyway.

Otherwise, any of the names mentioned (have to bung in the NI KA6 don't I?) in fact check out Cash Genny shops but do your homework. AIs should come with a book, a box and at least one disc, if any or all are missing? Haggle!

*Off to find that article.

Dave

I have the original M Track which is still available labelled as the Alesis iO2. Thomann have them for 96 Euro. It'll do everything you want with separate level controls for headphones and monitors. I know you don't want to record but, if you ever have the need, the Mic preamps are okay too

Alesis IO|2 Express - Thomann UK

Back