Votes: 343 51.9%
  • Mac

Votes: 217 32.8%
  • Both

Votes: 80 12.1%
  • Other

Votes: 21 3.2%

• Total voters
I am the same way. Steve Jobs does have an interesting story. The book is better than biographies you see on tv.

I was never really interested in apple products, but always was interested in steve jobs' story. very cool. the day he died is when i decided one day i will buy an apple product.

those new mac pros look pretty tasty!

and unfortunately pretty pricey :(

I am the same way. Steve Jobs does have an interesting story. The book is better than biographies you see on tv.

This has to be the beverending story..
Mac is great.
a wellbuilt pc with windows 7 is great..
if you like to tinker with your computer get a pc.
if you dont.. go mac =)
/D

This has to be the beverending story..
Mac is great.
a wellbuilt pc with windows 7 is great..
if you like to tinker with your computer get a pc.
if you dont.. go mac =)
/D

:D Perfect!
I love tinkering with my PC... only problem is that now it's disrupting my workflow :p!
"Oh. I need _ RAM. New ___. I'll rewire ___"
I'm really enjoying tinkering with and learning about computers. I've always wanted to learn more about them.
But I've got to cut things down now. They're getting in the way of my workflow.

it's mac for me. PC is the cheaper option but it gave me a lot of trouble and the system crashed all the time with pro tools. No going back for me!

I'm using PC, and I will never go Mac. My entire build (including both monitors, a full HD 21.5" and a 1024x768 15") cost me $1,000 for an Intel i7 3.5Ghz quad-core (with hyper-threading), 8GB RAM, a 128GB SSD, a 1TB HDD, a GTX 560 SE graphics card, a 700 watt power supply, and a sick motherboard with several USB 3.0 ports, eight USB 2.0 ports, an E-SATA port, and a firewire port.
If I can find a Mac for that price, maybe I'll switch over for the shiny case. xD
I've personally never had a crash or any issues with my PCs... Things always run like a top, particularly with an SSD in it.

I've just replaced my five year old DAW laptop. Over it's life, I've done thousands of hours of recording and mixing--and also done sound playback for hundreds of live theatre shows. In that time I've never had a single glitch caused by using a PC. If people have unstable Windows machines, it's how they have them set up and what they have running in background. I should say that the only two reasons for the change were that, I had to move to a 64 bit operating system for compatibility with some software I use and the onboard battery was practically dead so not worth replacing with my need to change OS.

Either Windows or Mac can work perfectly well for audio use. You get far more for your money with a Windows machine but have to put a bit more time into setup.

Budget I believe is on the front lines here unless $$ is no matter to you. Both can be used for music creation or video editing purposes. Some of the software may vary depending on platform but they are all very similar anyhow so if you can learn one you can learn another.

Yup. Both PC and Mac can be used totally successfully for music production and video editing--but you can get a lot more "bang for your buck" investing in PC.

I've yet to hear a compelling argument why some people think it's worth spending the extra for a Mac. So long as you set things up properly, Macs are no more stable or reliable.

Never used a Mac...for all the crap PCs take in terms of criticism in this area, I find it's the program/software that really counts. I use Reason, which is very intuitive and easy to work with, and Adobe (before that Cool Edit) and think it works great, despite some slow responses in playback (might go back to Cool Edit 2.0).

Back