PC BLUES

peter miller

My system would not shut down .when it finally did it would not reboot.Took me ages to get it going.
So I'm off to the computer man first thing in the morning.Have to take time off work though!
I've had this pc 9 months now and only word seems to work with no troubles. All my DAW problems have driven me to the edge!!!SOMETHING is not right.:( :( :( All sympathy appreciated.

I feel sorry for you. I'm also sorry to hear that we unable to help you. I still think that a fresh install of 98, a copy of NT and a dual boot setup will solve you problems. Let us know what the computer man thinks. You may have some faulty HW that is causing you the headache.

Sympathy for the dawer:)

Cheers

/O

The pc tech said he could not find 1 single thing wrong with the system.So with everyone's help I WILL get this thing running like a well oiled machine..;)
so please help when you can and forgive me for asking silly questions..

if this is the pc-blues this is what I have to say:

lord, have mercy
lord, have mercy with me
you know I'm crazy bout my pc
lord, get it running just for me

no, seriously. what helped me much was to re-install the directX-drivers since those tracking-proggies work a lot with them.

then in the bios i switched that "p'n'p os"-option to "yes" although the manual says to keep it on "no" if you're having a p'n'p-system like win98... that didn't seem logic anyway, must be a mistake in the manual.
i don't know if this really helped - but it didn't make things worse ;-)

but anyway: re-install the directX-drivers.

Back