PC ADAT lightpipe soundcards... any suggestions?

parkbirds

Well,

I'm thinking about mastering my album myself, since it can be done on computer, I could skip spending money, if a soundcard is cheap enough. Well, what ADAT compatible soundcards are there?

Does anyone know any good audio mastering software?

I use a MOTU 2408 mkII. There are cheeper (less expensive) options but for the way I work it's the solution for me.
Mastering or recording/editing software?

umm...

That looks like a nice card, a little out of my range. Here is what I have, so we can figure what I need.

My computer is a pentium III, 128 ramm, win 2k, basic, I think I have about 10 gigs free of space. Not a computer used for music ever (just a couple of ripped version of cakewalk a couple years ago) but, it is used just to go on the internet lately. Just a cheesey gateway from 2000.

So, my studio is an ADAT studio, I just need to take my 8 tracks, run them into the computer, mix them, master.... and thats it. I'm looking to spend about $200-400 for both the soundcard and software, since I don't really like using computers.

Sorry if I sound a little lost, I'm not too familure with computer audio.

What do you people think of the Terratec EWS 88 D ? What do you think of the Samplitude Studio software that comes with?

opps...

I just looked at that Wavecenter PCI card, looks cool, a couple questions:

*Since I am not using incoming analog signals, why should I pay more for a card that will just be converting audio, and not coloring sound?

*How do I monitor on speakers, if there are no RCA or any analog outs? (this is a stupid question but I don’t know)

*I did not see that it (Wavecenter PCI) was compatible with win 2k, is it?

Beside the card: *Any good, cheap or free mastering/ mixing software?

Back