Optimize your computer for audio recording!

thanks be to Tonejunkee for unearthing this

this thread is amazing.
if you're doing what i'm doing this weekend and building a PC SPECIFICALLY for a DAW, then you MUST be reading this thread.

hey thanks, TONEJUNKEE!

jimmy

no guys...ha ha ha you missunderstood me :)

when you click on their site,after about one minute you will get bunch of spyware and viruses.

I'm not talking about dont do what they say,i have done that...but i'm saying if you dont have a good deffence on your pc,beware going on that site.

when i formated my pc,the first thing i did was i went on that site to do what they say,but next thing i know,they were bombarding me with viruses and spyware. :eek: so i had to reformat it again :mad:

<sarcasm>
just think... all I did was install an audio optomized Linux distribution... I know those nongraphical install prompts can be so challenging compaired to doing it all manually in Windoze...
</sarcasm>

Is there a way to automate the optimization process and easily switch between a DAW configuration and a regular configuration?

most of these tips would be great but im using windows XP and alot of stuff is moved around in comparison to the version of windows that the author is using.......... does anyone know how i can temporarily switch to his layout? ive tried using 'windows classic layout' but it came to no avail.......

iceyflame said:
most of these tips would be great but im using windows XP and alot of stuff is moved around in comparison to the version of windows that the author is using.......... does anyone know how i can temporarily switch to his layout? ive tried using 'windows classic layout' but it came to no avail.......

try this site..

www.musicxp.net

Garik said:
no guys...ha ha ha you missunderstood me :)

when you click on their site,after about one minute you will get bunch of spyware and viruses.

I'm not talking about dont do what they say,i have done that...but i'm saying if you dont have a good deffence on your pc,beware going on that site.

when i formated my pc,the first thing i did was i went on that site to do what they say,but next thing i know,they were bombarding me with viruses and spyware. :eek: so i had to reformat it again :mad:

I was ready to disagree with you, but decided to make a visit to the site today. I'd been there before and hadn't noticed any issues (this was a while back). Well, I cleaned my IE cache today, visited the site and was there maybe 10 minutes when my McAfee AntiVirus software popped up a warning that a trojan had been found on my system and was cleaned. The trojan was PWS-JA and was found in my Internet Explorer temporary files folder. McAfee cleaned the trojan and my system is fine. I then ran Ad-Aware to check for spyware, and the scan did NOT find any spyware, so that was comforting.

Strange issue, so I emailed the site owner about it. Not sure if I'll get a response back, but there has to be something going on with the site. The only other browser window I had open when at musicxp.net was this site.

Follow up:

I received a response today from Robin (who runs the site) - very timely response.

I pointed Robin to the thread here.

Thanks Warble,i'm too impatient to do that :D

I just wanted to warn everyone here about it.You know i was printing the pages for future refference,and it took me longer than 10 minutes,so i was pulling my hair when i seen those trojans hitting like missles :(

Garik,

Rather than flaming my site (www.musicxp.net), can I suggest that in future you follow warbles more mature example and contact me directly if there are any problems with the site.

It's a sad world, when a site can be rubbished in a few inane and unqualified comments from an inexperienced user.

In terms of viruses/trojans/spyware, then I can only imagine that if there are any then these may be coming from my affiliate links and not directly from my own content. If this is the case, then I shall take corrective action and remove any such external content.

Your comments are blown out of all proportion and should be taken lightly by anybody else reading this thread.

www.musicxp.net has been recommending tips for over 15 years and you are the first person (out of thousands) who has ever complained.

Any problems in the future - contact me directly.

Robin
www.musicxp.net

should i adjust my memory usage for best performance with programmes or system cache. I only have 512Mb memory and a shit processor? Cheers

Back