opinions for a new daw computer????

yorgo

Dual Hard Drives!
UPGRADED 128GB SSD + 500GB Hard Drive Combo! (Might consider doing 1TB instead of 500GB)

Boots in seconds!

UPGRADED 1600 X 900 Display!

Amazing GeForce GT 550M Graphics!

JBL Sound with Dedicated Subwoofer!

9 Cell Battery!

Backlit Keyboard!

Dell Computer Corp X17L-782ELS XPS 17 17.3" Notebook PC
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB HDD / DVDR/RW / GeForce GT 550M Graphics / 802.11n / Bluetooth / Webcam / USB 3.0 / HDMI / Windows 7 HP

Sure. Why not? Recording audio doesn't take a whole lot of computing horsepower.

Really???? Everything I've read it comes down to processor horsepower and ram.I just don't know which i7 I can get away with so I can record 30 tracks or so and eventually some VI too

Really???? Everything I've read it comes down to processor horsepower and ram.I just don't know which i7 I can get away with so I can record 30 tracks or so and eventually some VI too

Multiple audio tracks do not take a PC resources to run. Well, unless recording them to the same drive as the software, then you can have issues. VSTi's are a different story.

Use a second drive to place your projects and possibly another for samples if you have a bunch of them.

I use 2 drives on a i72600 and never have any issues. Actually 3 drives but that is just OS backup.

No problem, if your setup correctly, that system should handle your 30 tracks with plenty of plugins and approximately 5-10 VSTi (which by the way are what really eat up your processor), audio tracks are easy to run. Certain VSTi s are what really take up power.

Back