Opinion on Roland A-PRO keyboard controllers - and recommended DAWs

boball

Hi!

I would like to know your opinion on the Roland A-PRO series of MIDI keyboard controllers and what DAWs you have used with them.

I am just starting out into music producing and recording from my home. Music producing would be using DAWs and a keyboard controller, not real instruments, and sound recording would be just my voice (solo) in my home.

I looked around for what I think would be the most suitable keyboard controller for me, and the Roland A-300PRO seems to be perfect for me because of its intermediate size (32 keys) while still having lots of controls, and also having semi-weighted keys, high quality build (unlike other companies' controllers), among other things.

The only concern I have is that this series of controllers doesn't seem to be as "popular" as those of other companies such as Novation, Akai, and M-Audio. It is also 7 years old.

So I am wondering if it will work smoothly with DAWs such as Pro Tools, Reason, Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton, and lots more...

Do you use or have you used Roland A-PRO controllers and what is your opinion of it?
What DAWs do you use with it?
Have you faced any major issues with it while working with specific DAWs?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Back