One-Two punch

SoundCard

Two problems:

1-My new Steinberg UR12 interface is giving me a fair bit of shhhhhh noise, from having to turn it up to 90% and the headphones (Sennheiser 280 Pro) feed to 90%, to get a decent volume. No, it's not screaming loud! The Peak light never comes on and the noise doesn't seem to be passed on to my recording as much as is in my cans.
The only thing I can find, computer-wise, is that two of my USB ports aren't ....*migrated*....whatever the hell that means. It all seems to work ok except for the noise. Yes, proper drivers, properly installed. Yes, 2.0 USB to 2.0 USB. Any ideas, folks?

2-Apparently Win 10's latest update, on a multi-core PC, ...causes drop-outs in recording and play-back. Steinberg knows of this but there aren't any workarounds that work for me.
Anyone else encounter this?

ThaNKS, AHEAD OF TIME.......

What are you using for a microphone or other signal source. Dynamic microphones typical have less output than a condenser mic and may have to be positioned closer to the sound source to get decent levels into your interface.

IF you have to turn your input up to 90% then that's your cause of noise. What dB levels are you getting when recording? You don't need to be louder than -12dBfs

Back