One side of Headphones with Interface

ItsMikeontheMic

Hey guys, I just set up my audio interface (M-Audio Fast Track Pro) and I've gotten everything set up, gotten all the drivers, etc. It records fine and I'm excited about how it sounds....on my left ear.

It's not just recording, it's YouTube videos, mp3s, or anything else with sound. My output under "Sound" in the control panel is selected as "Line 1/2". If anybody can be of any help please get back to me! :D

Thank you

EDIT: BTW Yes, the "Mono" button is pressed in. Actually, it still plays on one side even if it's not :/

Sooo I think I've found the issue...I bought a headphone connector (3.5 mm to 6.5 mm if I'm not mistaken) so I could use my Sony MDR-XB500 on the interface. Apparently, the connector is making it so it's only working on one side. I just plugged in the same headphones with the connector to my Casio Keyboard and it was also only playing on one side.

This may be off topic for this section of the forum, but should I buy a new connector? Is it a common problem with these kind of things? Or should I just save up the money for new headphones with the 6.5 mm jack?

Is the adapter stereo at both ends? Getting signal to just the left is an indicator that a stereo plug is connected to a mono jack.

(If you are used to UK terminology that would be "stereo jack plug into a mono jack socket".)

I had no idea that there was such a thing lol. I just picked up one at Radioshack. I suppose that could be the case, since my headphones do play on both ears when my headphones when I just use it without the adapter.

Any recommendations for adapters? I heard that gold-plated had a better connecting power than silver.

Back