omnistudio and a joystick

spacedye

Vest
ok, anybody have this problem?
i have the delta 66 and the omnistudio breakout box. the breakout box uses the same input on the soundcard i would use for my joystick. so i hooked up an adapter for the joystick to go to the USB port. but ever since the hookup of the omnistudio B/O box, nothing gets recognized in my USB ports. with my old SBLive card, my USB ports worked fine and so did the joystick.
I know that the delta 66 needs to have its own IRQ according to the lousy tech support people ive come across at Maudio. they had me switch the PCI slot i had my ethernet card in with the delta so that it would have its own IRQ. i switched it back to see if the joystick would get recognized, but it didnt.
I am at a wall. anybody have any ideas? does anyone know how to change an IRQ setting? HELP!!!

Oops. I didn't read your post properly first time, so I've deleted the stupid-ass off-base comments I made. (It sounded to me like you had plugged the gameport into the Delta card, which shouldn't work at all, and I glommed on to that.)

But I'm curious, why didn't you just leave the game port where it was before on the SB Live?

Last edited:
Hmm I sense Windows 2k here.... Win 2k has not got the best of USB compatability nor does it help you as much asthe Win 9X OSs do. Also Win 2k has almost NO compatabilty wioth game controllers - USB or otherwise.

Just stick the SB card in alongside the Delta and use it for midi and game port. Many people do that.

Alchemist3k ,
im using windows millenium, do i need to check or un-check anything anywhere for this to work? im going to have to re-install the SBLive drivers again i suppose, correct?
just let me know if i need to do anything out of the ordinary to keep the M audio as my primary sound card.

and thanks.....

Back