Omni i/o and m-audio delta 66 WITH CAKEWALK

bristond

I got my omni studio package today and have it set up properly and hooked into my stereo as well as headphones. I am using a demo version of cakewalk. Heres my problem:
Whenever i record i only get mono. How can i get stereo?

I would appriciate any help i can get here.
Thanks

to get stereo, you have to be recording from a stereo source ie. 2 mics,stereo effects processor,stereo keyboard, stereo drum machine,etc.....if you are recording a mono source, like a bass or guitar or a single microphone, you cant "make it stereo"....the best you can do is clone the track and then pan the 2 tracks left and right with some delay on one of the tracks.....

Sorry to bother you again but anybody with an omni I/O and 66, whats the best software to get. I still cant decide if I like cakewalk. Are different softwares more or less compatible with certain hardware?

Thanks again

Bristond,

What OS are you using. I am having a heck of a time getting my Cakewalk (guitar Tracks Pro) to work with my new Omni/Delta 66 on a new HP using Win XP. Are you able to get lots of tracks w/o drop out?

markU

Open N-Track and click on Help/Tutorial..it will take you through an example of recording a track....

If that doesnt help, download the whole manual.....

Back