Okay, I am

The studio I had together and the people I was working with is all over. I have to bring everything home and set it up here. I am picking it up this Sunday. Jimi, basically he did all the engineering, had it set up where I couldn't really go in and even turn it on and record. Now I have to set it up myself here. I haven't messed with this stuff in over 14 years. Left the computer world because it was such a pain in the ass when i tried to go from a mac to the pc back in the day. I had good keyboard players and a good drummer and great bass player working with me. Now I will have to do all that. I am not the greatest keyboard player and need the midi to easily edit, fix mistakes etc. I need all the inputs in case I get a good drummer to come over here in the middle of nowhere and lay down some tracks. Otherwise it will be a drum sequencer and midi. I am just looking for the easiest cheapest way out, combining what I have with what I will have to buy. I have a bunch of outboard equipment I didn't mention, white eqs, joe meeks twin q, another joe meeks, symetrix preamps, other preamps, two yamaha rev500 reverbs a good lexicon reverb, good digitech reverb, compressors, noise gates and all that other stuff.

Do your research on it. It could be protools only, so you wouldn't be able to use it unless you have protools. You would also need to make sure there are drivers for your operating system. It's easy to run into that problem when you try to use discontinued stuff.

I really think the cheapest way would be to use the recorders you have and then export the wave files to put in the daw andedit/mix.

Other than that, you will have to pony up for a modern interface that either has enough ADAT inputs or line inputs to do what you want.

I think I will just get my stuff over here, go through all the manuals, and get it set up to the point where I can use it. Then access everything I have and cross this bridge when I get to it. I shall return.

Do your research on it. It could be protools only, so you wouldn't be able to use it unless you have protools. You would also need to make sure there are drivers for your operating system. It's easy to run into that problem when you try to use discontinued stuff.

I really think the cheapest way would be to use the recorders you have and then export the wave files to put in the daw andedit/mix.

Other than that, you will have to pony up for a modern interface that either has enough ADAT inputs or line inputs to do what you want.

it appears to be pro tools only

Back