Nuendo as a Video Editor...can it do it?

Teacher

1st does it have that capability

2nd is it as/more powerful and as easy to use as Vegas Video

just wanna know cuz i think in the pro world it'll be more beneficial to get used to working with steinberg rather then Sonic foundry

Nuendo will write audio to a video file, but you can't do any video editing.

I think Nuendo is more powerful than Vegas Video in the audio dept. I much prefer Nuendo's way of doing things when it comes to fx, inserts, automation, etc. However, one of the places where Vegas Video shines over Nuendo, is that you can have multiple file formats, bit rates and word lengths all on the same track! That saves so much freaking time!!!

I do like Vegas, though, and I also like that Vegas Audio, Video, and Acid all share the same interface. Makes for a good all around project environment.

I agree. I don't use Nuendo for video at all (that's probably because I don't do video), but I'm a Nuendo guy all the way for audio.

I've seen Vegas, and I'm not crazy about the interface for audio - too many damn windows to screw around with :)

thanks very much...so after i make my video in vegas can i import it to Nuendo and make it surround sound?

as far as mastering where does it stand vs. its "brother" wavelab 4? same thing? worse ? betteR?

It depends on what you want to do for mastering. Nuendo isn't as good at the slice/dice editing as Wavelab and you can't burn a CD out of Nuendo. The Nuendo eq and compression is as good as wavelab and Nuendo also comes with a very good dithering plug-in. Nuendo does have a mastering template, but I wouldn't say that mastering is it's strength like Wavelab. So to answer your question, I wouldn't say it's worse and I wouldn't say it's better... I would say that it's different.

Back