Not getting output when I am recording in Cubease

Alicia

Hi,

I just set up my first home studio :-) and I'm troubleshooting with Cubease 7...I'm not getting any output from my computer after I record.

I have a Steinberg UR 22 hooked up to my MacBook Pro with a USB cable, and I see that things are getting recorded, but when I go to playback, I get nothing. I'm trying to get the sound to come out of my computer, not headphones or speakers, since I don't have any yet.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
Thanks in advance!!

Alicia

Yeah, I can help. But you should really learn to spell the name of the software you are using. lol!

First off, if you do not monitor from your interface (Ur22), you will need to change the ASIO driver within Cubase, every time you wish to playback from your computer. In Cubase, Devices>Device Setup...VST Audio System. This is from a PC point of view. Not sure if that is the same on a MAC.

Yeah, I can help. But you should really learn to spell the name of the software you are using. lol!

First off, if you do not monitor from your interface (Ur22), you will need to change the ASIO driver within Cubase, every time you wish to playback from your computer. In Cubase, Devices>Device Setup...VST Audio System. This is from a PC point of view. Not sure if that is the same on a MAC.

First off, why would you want to monitor from the built-in sound card (which I assume you're talking about) when you have a UR 22? Why not use the headphone output of your UR22?

However, if you want to hear playback from your MacBook you need to set up an aggregate audio device in the Audio MIDI setup dialogue:

How to combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an aggregate device on Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

Then, in Cubease (I kind of like "Cubease" - it IS easy to use), you need to select the audio output of your macbook as the main outputs in VST Connections by pressing F4 (I think it may be Fn + F4 if you've got OS X function key shortcuts setup).

Regardless, this is pretty convoluted when you can just monitor straight off the UR 22.

Good luck!

Cheers :)

Back