NOOB Question About Recording On My Mac

BTBrian

Hey everyone, this is officially my first post here yay! So last week or so I got the sudden urge to start recording my music and sharing it with people and whatnot and so at first i just decided to record a few cover songs on Photo Booth on my macbook pro. However, I quickly realized that this was not going to get the job done if I wanted to make a legitimate cd or just wanted to sound good on my recordings that I put on youtube/facebook. So I began looking into making a bit of a home studio on my computer.

Now after that unnecessary bit of background information the point of my post is this: My plan for the moment was to buy a mic, apogee duet firewire interface, logic studio 9, some nice headphones and a decent powered monitor. I will only be recording vocals/acoustic guitar and importing them to logic studio from there, my thought being that any other samples or instruments or whatever that i want to add to the track I can just do on logic. My main question just was is this a good starting setup for my home studio? Is there a better/cheaper way for me to achieve good results? Any other suggestions? Thanks to anyone who replies, any advice you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

For about $200.00 you could get something like the M-Audio fastrack pro. It also comes with software, or you could just try to use garage band. I think the money should go to a good quality mic, If you get a good one it will last a lifetime.

Back