Noisy Video Hum from Monitors? HELP!!!

Kid Downunder

So,

When I'm sitting on my PC not recording and have my Wharfdale Monitors on plugged into my Delta 66, I can hear this darn' awefull high pitched hum.

If Im surfing the web and scrolling with my mouse it gets louder and staticy as I scroll, same thing if I open\close windows.

Thus, I deduced as it seems to be amplified by graphics activity its related to the Video Card or Bus. So I placed my Delta 66 in the slot furthest from the video card but to no avail. My video is a RADEON 9200 256mb.

Anyone else had this and know how to fix it???

Please, I need help its almost too hard to take!!!

Try plugging your wharfdales into a different outlet. Also see if proximity to your computer changes anything...

barring that......poke a big hole in your tweeters with a pair of scissors to keep them from humming....thats that worked on my Behrs.

I'm having a simliar problem...

My desk is set up like so: mixing board to the far left, flat pannel LCD monitor in the center, CPU to the far right.

I just noticed the buzz this morning. I had headphones on and was about to record a bass riff, plugged directly into the board. I heard a buzz in the headphones and decided to see what would happen if I turned off the monitor. Monitor off, buzz gone.

It's more than likely a proximity thing, but the problem is that I don't really have much space to work with (very small room, full of equipment, drums, etc.)

Jesus, I can't wait to move out of this house...

TheMajorMiller said:
I'm having a simliar problem...

My desk is set up like so: mixing board to the far left, flat pannel LCD monitor in the center, CPU to the far right.

I just noticed the buzz this morning. I had headphones on and was about to record a bass riff, plugged directly into the board. I heard a buzz in the headphones and decided to see what would happen if I turned off the monitor. Monitor off, buzz gone.

It's more than likely a proximity thing, but the problem is that I don't really have much space to work with (very small room, full of equipment, drums, etc.)

Jesus, I can't wait to move out of this house...

Ok, SO....

I switched off my LCD, no luck...Disconnected the Power Suply and VOILA all noise gone...not much I could do...so I tried the LCD in a different socket..and nearly all noise is gone...still some left...I think its a bad ground in this house and the LCD transformer amplifies the noise on the ground or other.

Q: Can I perform a ground lift on the LCD monitor?? do people think that would work?

Back