No Sounds when previewing audio in Cubase

fx23

Hi, im using Cubase 4 with a motu 828 mk2 audio box, the problem is when i go to preview a audio file before importing it i cannot hear it! i would like to set it up so i can preview sounds on my headphones!

im in device manager - it says the headphones are inactive! what should i do?

First and foremost- make sure the Motu unit is on. If you plug your phones into your interface (you likely do) you want to do what was suggested above^ which is to set your interface as the default audio output device. After you do that, device manager will see your interface as the "speakers" out, and this is correct.

Also, make sure you have your mute buttons off in Cubase....sounds silly, but sometimes a clip signal (and other things) will automatically mute your headphone out to preserve your ears. Nice feature.

Drone.

yep done all that, ive got audio going to my desk, but i cant hear to audition audio files before importing them on my headphones!

yes i can!

Just humor me and check that in device manager- your Motu is seen as the Speaker out (not the headphone out). Better yet, click your sound icon on the lower right of your taskbar (what you use to adjust the computer's volume) and what sort of icon does it have at the top of the sound bar? Hover over it- what does it say?

one other thing ive discovered, if i select a different project to load into cubase the headphones work perfectly, but if i go to device setup or vst connections cubase will crash!

but if i choose to start a fresh project everything works fine... so far

one other thing ive discovered, if i select a different project to load into cubase the headphones work perfectly, but if i go to device setup or vst connections cubase will crash!

but if i choose to start a fresh project everything works fine... so far

I know where you're coming from; I've had similar problems, and it can be very frustrating.

Back