For Newbies Please Read

Alchemist3k

A lot of you ask the same questions over and over so I have found a site )which was recommended by someone one here. It is truly excellent and explains a lot of simple things in plain english. It also reviews a lot of soundcards etc

Please view this site before asking question on here such as "What setup do i need for computer recording?" which gets posted here like 3 times a day.

www.pcrecording.com

PS I have no affiliatin to that site. It is just well worthy of a recommendation.

Boy, wouldn't it be great to never have newbie questions asked here and everybody got their info from some other web site?

There is a lot of good information posted here already. At least suggest a search of this site.

Ed

Al, just my opinion and my observation: You're right about a lot of redundant, repetitive questions getting asked around here. But I gotta tell ya...when I was new(er) to this stuff I was left pretty dry by all the text and material I was reading. It was completely foreign to me as was much of the phrasology. Often I found enlightenment from somebody elses explanation; not what you say but how you say it.

Also, reading these questions solidifies what I've learned by forcing me to formulate an answer that might help. It's as helpful to me as I hope it is to them.

Anyway, pcrecording is an informative site, but don't think your answers to "simple" questions aren't helpful too. You might have the way of explaining something that clicks for somebody. ;)

This place is the best source of info I've found, PCRecording included IMO. I ran across PCRecorcing.com last week, and it's certainly a great site. However...

Speaking for myself as a newbie for about two years now, there were times when I was frustrated, my head was spinning, and my grasp of anything beyond two syllable words was tenuous at best, and I came here for answers. I'm a programmer by trade and an electronics engineer in a previous life, and still, a lot of this stuff eluded me. I've asked stupid questions, been pissed off about some answers and what I thought was a haughty demeanor by certain members, but I wouldn't trade a single word of reading I've done here. These folks are great, and , I'm asahmed to say, a lot more generous with their time and efforts than I am.

When I'm irritated by repetitive stupid questions (look up some of my posts for examples), I try to remember how difficult this stuff is.

Seriously, though: I think it's in bad taste to refer newbies elsewhere in most cases.

its a cute lil site...ive even posted a few links to it....but it doesnt even contain a fraction of the information available here.....plus you get personalized service here.....

well hey... check out the number of posts I've answered in the last week... I dont mind asnwering newbies questions. I was just giving them a good, simple to understand and informative starting point.

Will everybody quit acting like I'm attacking them! :D

I thought this smiley face crap was supposed to convey good natured humor or some kind of friendly blah, blah, blah!

Al, I was just runnin' my mug, mate. Carry on, you're doing a fine job. Give the queen a kiss for me if you see her. :cool:

i'm leaving now. I didn't mean nuthin. I'm always misunderstood. Oh the pain! Gidge, tell them I'm not a bad guy.

Back