Newb question about recording 2 computers

emailtooaj

Hey All,
So I've search high and low for some info on recoding 2 separate computers.
Here's what I got...
Computer 1 = Guitar Rig
Computer 2 = Pod Farm

So I've got 2 guitars playing through 2 separate computers and I have a 3rd computer to be able to record to/from.
I already know I can take the audio send outputs from computer 1&2 and send to a mixer, then send from mixer to computer 3 to record.
Problem is, sound is horrible from all the D/A and A/D conversions, impedance mix matches, etc. etc.

Does anyone have knowledge if I can use the USB outputs from computer 1&2 and send to computer 3 ????
That way it can stay all in the digital field.

If so, will all DAW's be able to recognize the individual USB inputs?
For instance,
Have track 1 for computer 1
Have track 2 for computer 2

Please help :)

Thank You in advance for any solutions/guidance!!!

Record dry guitar signal, route it to two tracks, insert GR on one, PF on the other. You won't have much luck trying to record 2 USB signals into one computer unless you are using a MAC.

Thanks for the quick replies!
My fault, I should of been more specific...
We are two guitarist playing through each of our own separate laptops. Mine is running GR and my buddies is running Pod Farm.
We have a 3rd computer to use for the DAW.
We would like to be able to play real time through each of our dedicated laptops and have them routed, via USB, to the 3rd computer with a DAW installed on it.
Is this possible to accomplish?

mjbphotos...you mentioned it may be possible to do with a MAC? Have you had experience, seen, or heard of that working for sure? If so, is it because the hardware that MAC's use or is it a function of the OS. If it's because of the OS...will a MAC emulator work on windows to accomplish this task or would I have to install a dedicated Apple OS?

I've seen/read on how to record 2 or more USB Mics by using Garage Band. I would hope that in todays "plug and play" age, that this wouldn't be such a hassle.
Is my situation/request that much out of the box? LOL

Thanks again for any help/guidance I can get!!!

I think your taking the long way around the barn doing it the way you're doing it. Are you in the same room?

You can't stream audio between PCs over USB; It doesn't work like that.
The idea of macs being setup to use more than one usb audio interface at a time isn't relevant because your computers are not audio interfaces.

Honestly? I'd stick to one computer. One Daw, two audio tracks, two vsts…done. :)

Have you tried recording the sims in each individual laptop and then importing the WAV's to the third computer?

That way you can both record IRT and put the files together after the fact.

Back