NEWB Interface Purchase time My Top 3

scott2go

NEWB Interface Purchase time My Top picks

Hey All,

My box is almost complete,lacking the audio HD,and 512 more ram to bump it up to 1gb.Xp pro is my OS,1 person told me the Geforce Ti4200-8x vga card will support 2 monitors if I get a dvi to vga or crt adaptor off of Ebay Rather than spending the extra $$$ on the Matrox 450 or 550,any other advice here would be reassuring.

After much lurking & reading I think I have it narrowed down to these 3 to get me started recording,Taking most of your input I am going w/ the pci instead of a usb
Although I dont need a ton of inputs,and w/ my need for preamps and software I am considering these,I also like the having XLR inputs on the 2

Aardvark either the direct pro 24/96 , or the Q10 They are saying they now ship w/ Cubase/LE

Delta 10/10 w/ an inexpensive preamp,software or maybe the Omni

E-mu 1820m W/ included software???

Am I missing out on some other choices that would be in the same price range w/ included software??I guess the Q10 shouldn't be included w/ these but it would be nice to leave everything plugged in,and thought maybe I should just go for it all the way, even though for now I will only be doing 1-2 tracks at a time.I havent really researched the software yet,just played w/ some demos,I think I will be able to handle whatever you guys say is the easiest to work w/

Thanks again for all the pointers,So far I am into the box for $450 and am hoping to keep it as low as I can,I know I cant get cheap on these most important items... Scott

Last edited:
i have absolutely no experience with the E-mu products so i cant comment. THe delta 44 and Q10 are both good choices i would think though. If i ever get a desktop computer i think i will get the Q10 just for the preamps.

Back