New Windows 7 PC causing pops???

achase4u

I've tried changing bit depth, sample rate, hard drive(boot vs secondary) rolling back my Maudio audiophile drivers, reinstalling... uninstalling video drivers... yada yada yada.

The problem I have is lots of popping. When I solo tracks, I get popping, but most annoying is when I make loops - the end of the loop to the beginning of a loop, theres pops.. Never fails... My crossfades also dont work anymore - they cause big hiccups...

Tried the latency tool - it stayed super low the whole time... my motherboard doesnt have a wireless card so thats not the problem...

Ideas?

Im using an AMD FX 6200 system 8 gigs of ram(4x 2gb sticks) win 7 64 bit, audacity and Reaper(both 32 and 64 bit) DMP3 preamp into Maudio PCI audiophile 192

Ok - did all those steps - no change - reapers time lapse window still turning red from time to time and still popping noises.

Hmmm... Not sure where else to go as far as W7 is concerned. The lack of crossfade ability points me to a problem with Reaper install, but not my thing there. Maybe try posting something in the Reaper forum. Best of luck!

Thanks very much I appreciate all your help

I think its hardware possibly? Or something else in windows. The problem happens in 32 bit and 64 bit reaper and audacity - as well as occasionally in winamp listening to music...

Back