New Software with Q10

FZmontanaDF

I am using an Aardvark Q10 and Sonar. I am looking for better software. I mostly do audio recording and find Sonar kind of chock full of Midi stuff that I dont' need right now(right now). Just wondering if there were any other good programs that work well with the Q10. I tried Logic Audio Platinum but it seems hard to use. I would also like this program to work with my WAves Gold Bundle effects.
Thanks a lot,
Daniel

By the way. The reason I want to do this is partly because I cannot record at 24/44.1 on sonar. Whenever I try and hit record a window pops up and says sonar needs to close. I am running Windows XP PRo.

I'd have to say that XP is probably your culprit. Sonar should have no problems recording 24 bit with your card.

Vegas Audio is supposed to be about the easiest to use (and no MIDI support), but Sonar is pretty easy too, once you get used to it. Logic Audio is all about MIDI, and it is hard to use.

I wouldn't give up on Sonar until you've determined that XP isn't the problem.

its not XP i know 2 other people that have the same problem with the Q10 and they even did the 1.3 sonar update. i've used sonar under XPPro and recorded 24/96 with a delta 1010, and staudio cport.
look into Cubase and Nuendo

Do you have an XP driver for the Q10? If you're using a Win2000 driver or a W9x driver, that could be the problem.

I meant to say that a "conflict" with XP was the problem, not necessarily XP itself.

I'm with Mr. 79 on this one.

I wouldn't give up on Sonar. Even though there is a lot of midi included with Sonar, it is still a great package for recording and working with audio.

Sounds to me like you have a driver conflict, or an installation problem. I would start by making sure I had the latest drivers for the card (and make sure they are written for Win XP). If that doesn't solve the problem, I might uninstall Sonar and reinstall it.

the people i know that have problems with the Q10 and sonar both run the beta 5 xp drivers. they only have the problem with sonar too. it records 24/48 and 24/44.1 fine under logic and samplitude fine. one of my boys is so pissed he got a G4 and DP3 just to see if he can make it work

I run the Beta 5 drivers. I might try to roll back on the drivers, maybe to 4 and see if that works. I might also look into Vegas/Cubase. Isn't Nuendo quite expensive?
Thanks guys,
Daniel

I tried out cool Edit PRo and it won't let me recod in 24 bit either. The biggest problem besides the 24 bit thing I have in Sonar is:
Say I record something, and I am looking at the waves. Say I have 20 seconds of me preparing to record then me actually recording. I want to remove that extra twenty seconds. But I can only edit out the boxes, I can't get anymore exact than say editing out box 1-14. Or can I? HElp me out.
Thanks,
Daniel

Sure ya can. I'd have thrown it in the garbage, too if I couldn't.

First, right click on the ruler, select Snap Properties, and change snap to 1 Frame (this lets you get more accurate instead of snapping to a measure)

Then, just place your cursor where you want to split it, right click on the box, and click "Split'. Now you've got 2 boxes - the one with the good stuff (to the right) and the one with the "preparing to record" stuff on the left. Click the left box and press the ol' delete key.

Back