New Presonus FireStudio

cawhite12

Didn't know if anyone had seen it yet:

http://www.sweetwater.com/publications/reports/?action=day&day=1&sid=27

It's about halfway down in the Presonus Section (they're in alphabetical order)

Seems this puppy will fill in all the things that the Firepod was missing, like ADAT and a DSP mixer. It's only going to be 24/96 (which is fine by me), hopefully that might keep costs down a little. The remote for it looks like it could be pretty cool, but not that big of deal for me. Anyways, just thought I'd share and see if anyone had any thoughts. This could be a nice step up from my Firepod. Especially sweet if it's just as stable!

wow that does look pretty awsome. any word on when this or the 1200F will actually be out... i'm impatient

I think the firestudio will kick the pants off of the RME 800. The presonus doesnt go to 192 it goes to 96. How many people really record higher than 44.1 anyway??? never mind the 96k

First of all 8 xlr inputs vrs 4. The preamps are pretty darn good. The a/d converters are awesome as well.

You get a LOT more channels. 18 channels of inputs????? This is rediculously great in such a small package.

The controller.. Its like having a built in centeral station. Plus its RJ45 (ethernet) cable connection. it can be as long, or as short as you want it.

3 Seperate monitor mixes?? Direct monitoring Are you kidding me?? Now I dont have to have an outboard mixer and run my stuff through a potentially crappy preamp. So this is like haveing a 3 buss mixer built in. VERY sweet.

Mobile recording engineers dont have to carry around a bunch of stuff now, its all here and ready to use.

This is the thing EVERYONE has been waiting for... Looks like they listened to what every firepod owner was asking for.. My firepods are going up for auction, they are great, but this will be more cost effective in the end since I wont have to guy other crazy gear.

the real battle will be between this and the mackie. I think for a grand less, this one will win.

-Josh

Last edited:
Well this sucks! I just got used to the Firepod and have ordered a second so I can get 16 inputs. Wish i would have waited a little longer!

normalizer said:
aren't 8 of the inputs adat? to me that just brings it in line with most other soundcards/interfaces

Yes I was missinformed. It looks as though there are only 8 phsyical inputs. Looks like you will need a digimax.

Back