NEW MONITORS - need help (noise coming )

fixyjohn

Dear guys

I have purchased a pair of new eris E5 pre sonus monitors

i works fine but there comes a little noise in the tweet cone

like white noise slowly irrelevant of the volume rise

sound card scarlet 2i4, when i switch off the PC & sound card the noise comes

Can any one help with this

have a good day marry christmas

fj

To understand better - when you turn off the computer and sound card is when you're hearing the noise?

Are you using the balanced inputs? Most monitors will pick up noise if connected to a computer or digital audio interface using unbalanced lines.

Is it deafening? My monitors give off a little white noise, all the time. My music space is not devoid of ambient sounds (mostly the subtle whirl of desktop PC fans) and the monitors are a few feet from my ears so I don't really hear it most of the time.

I'm thinking you're just hearing the monitor amp's normal noise. (?)

To test -- unplug the input from the back of the monitor. If the noise is still there, that means it's the monitor creating it (since you have no line input connected you've eliminated other causes). Dirty power from the wall outlet can cause other types of noise, but not white noise as you describe (and I also experience).

Is it deafening? My monitors give off a little white noise, all the time. My music space is not devoid of ambient sounds (mostly the subtle whirl of desktop PC fans) and the monitors are a few feet from my ears so I don't really hear it most of the time.

I'm thinking you're just hearing the monitor amp's normal noise. (?)

To test -- unplug the input from the back of the monitor. If the noise is still there, that means it's the monitor creating it (since you have no line input connected you've eliminated other causes). Dirty power from the wall outlet can cause other types of noise, but not white noise as you describe (and I also experience).

yes the same

i am worried little bit ...?
how to avoid this or shall i work with this ......?

fj

How high are your monitors turned up? Maybe you need to increase the level of the input and lower the volume control on the monitors?

How high are your monitors turned up? Maybe you need to increase the level of the input and lower the volume control on the monitors?

I have adjusted the volume controls but in vain the noise still there . can any one guide me will it affect the monitors or mixing (the noise is not so heave if i come close near to the tweet then only it is hearable)

fj

I think that is the normal amp noise - if you can only hear it when close to the monitor, then don't get so close!

I have never heard a self powered monitor that didn't give off a little amp noise. If both of them do the same thing.........with the same "white noise" level.......and no input plugged in at all.........then that's their normal noise output.

Back