new computer

one guy

Im looking into getting a new laptop for recording. Is a core i3 2.2 with 6gb rams 620gb hard drive only running at 5400rpm. im going to get a us 1800 as an interface will this setup be possible. Also in the future i could upgrade the hdd to a ssd. will this work.

It should work; The modern i* processors are powerful jobs, but the info you listed isn't the really important stuff.

What OS are you planning to use, and what recording software?

That's where compatibility issues arise.

SSDs are fantastic, and even 7200 speed drives are pretty capable, but it all depends what you're doing.
5400 might be fine if you're only doing some light recording.

windows 7 os and reaper as daw or cubase le5 i think comes with the us-1800. ive been using a p III dell with reaper and it works just VERY slow.

If it works, as in plays back and records ok, then you probably won't ned to upgrade the HDD.
At least if I'm wrong, it's something that can be done easily later on but I wouldn't jump the gun.

I can't speak for windows 7 and the us-1800, but now that the info is up maybe someone else will know.

I'm a little out of touch with windows, but there's still a 32bit or 64 bit option right?
Which are you installing?

Ok, cool.
Please hold the line. Your call is important to us.
<plays 'Thunderclap Newman- Something in the Air', panpipes version>

If you're doing light recording, that should be fine. From my knowledge, you usually want a good hard drive when it comes to recording. That's just what I've heard. But you should be alright for the most part with that.

Back