need soundcard drivers?

jwgeetar

hey all,i've got a phillips rhythmic edge sound card, model PSC702 3d PCI. i run win2k and am getting pops and cracks on and off. also, when i play a track,mp3,etc and change programs on my desktop i hear a chunk of distortion. i want to upgrade the drivers if there are any. i checked the phillips
site and they don't list any for my model. only for the quad and surround sound.

does anybody know where to get these or am i barking up the wrong tree? i would like a 24/96 setup (for my recording needs)
but still a lil pricey.

ah,what the hell---what would any of you suggest for a 24/96 breakout box in that affordable $200 range?

thanks

Witha breakout box... em I dont really know of any. What doe sthe M-Audio Delta 66 retail for in the States? it's a good card and comes with a limited breakout box (4in 4 out).

24/96 for under $200 will be hard to find for $200 with a breakout box.....I use a Delta Audiophile which you can get for $149....i keep my J-Station hooked up to the S/PDIF input and my DMP2 preamp hooked up to the analog inputs so I have no need for a breakout box....

Delta 44 goes for $269 w/ 4x4 breakout box
Delta 66 goes for $319 w/ same breakout box plus S/PDIF
Omni Studio goes for $389 and you get the Delta 66 pci card plus 2 NICE preamps plus alot of extra routing features (aux, inserts,headphone outs)

Gidge said:
24/96 for under $200 will be hard to find for $200 with a breakout box.....I use a Delta Audiophile which you can get for $149....i keep my J-Station hooked up to the S/PDIF input and my DMP2 preamp hooked up to the analog inputs so I have no need for a breakout box....

Delta 44 goes for $269 w/ 4x4 breakout box
Delta 66 goes for $319 w/ same breakout box plus S/PDIF
Omni Studio goes for $389 and you get the Delta 66 pci card plus 2 NICE preamps plus alot of extra routing features (aux, inserts,headphone outs)

do you have this one gidge? i have a 6 channel berringher mixer
i will plug into it. does it support win2k? i want to record guitar n vocals at the same time then go in and overdub one track at a time. i guess it will do that.
3030897-front-large.jpg

ok, i've been studying these delta cards and i/m leaning towards the audiophile2496.

my question is,on the delta 44 and 66 what is the 4x4,6x6 in out for? are they just extra breakout box's? or is the 4x4 path built into the card for multitracking? i will line out my mixer to the soundcard. will i be able to multitrack without the 4x4 or 6x6 configuration?

thanks,

ps:any links explaining the ins and outs of the I/O.

Back