Need some advice please: Behringer Eurodesk SX3242FX and Cubase 6.

variosso

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I find it very useful. I have a question as I am setting up a new studio. Basically, a friend of mine, wants to sell the Behringer Eurodesk SX3242FX which is a mixing console at a decent price. I just wanted to know if I would be able to use it as a control surface for Cubase 6. Just need it to control the mixer features (volume, eq's, pan etc.) and possibly PLAY/STOP. There will be no analog recording, just control of the mixer. Would you be able to give me some advice if it's worth the hassle? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem for me to try it. Just wanted to make sure if it's worth me carrying it all the way just to find out it wouldn't work. I do appreciate your help jimmys69. Is it hard to configure?

Cool, thanks a lot guys. You made it clear. I knew this was the right place to come and ask for an advice.

I'd help but mouse and keyboard have worked just fine for me for the last decade so I don't know that much about controllers.

Interesting viewpoint... having gone away from a system with a control surface and knobs that I'd used forever, to a PC system in recent times, I thought I'd miss the sliders and knobs... but I don't.

I'd ask the OP why he wants a control surface so badly... there's many other places in your basic kit studio to spend money on... :D

Just to let you guys know, I got hold of Yamaha 01x. Very good piece of kit. So far it controls what I wanted and it has lots more features. Spent hours today playing with it.

Back