need help set up this complicated system

zendersto

Hi first of all, im just an amateur so still have a lot of things need to learn and im having a trouble setting up this home recording system , this is my full gears spec:

PC 16G Ram
Sound Card : Xonar Essence STX
Personal Surround Sound system 5.1 ( connect to Xonar via SPIF)

Now recently i just bought recording gears include:
pair Octopre MKII + Saffire Pro 40

currently, i successfully connect those two Focursite to my PC via firewire port ( Saffire Pro 40 as worldclock and OctoPre MKII as Internal, set at 48000 Hz)
I also have 3 condenser mic, each connects to Octopre through ADAT ports.( all record well ).

And this is the problem- the output. Im not sure if i can record by octopre then playback as master by my surround 5.1 system ( that means 2 audio interface being used at the same time and i have no idea how to solve it, because in my DAW there is only 1 driver option is Saffire Pro, no Xonar Essence available)

i know its better to buy a pair of audio monitor then plug them in Octopre but i dont wanna spend more on them. if my 5.1 sound can work along with 2 audio interface then there is no reason to buy an extra spearker.

oh just in case you ask, i tried to unplug SPDIF from Xonar and plug into Octopre, it does play, but the sound is completely flat ( all 5 speakers sound up noisy with no depth at all, cos the output from Octopre SPDIF is flat 2 channel, thats why)

so to sum up, i would like to record on Saffire but output playback on Xonar , any good advice ? would be much appreciate.

Back