Need help with recording guitar

0peratoR

Hello.

I used to use Logic Pro 9 on my mac book to record guitar and programme drums. Since my mac book broke and i have my new PC which is geared for gaming but has the right specs for audio production, I was hoping to get some help with recording music on a PC.

I have a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 and no matter what DAW or software i use e.g Reaper, Abelton or Cubase i just can't seem to get my focusrite to work with any of these softwares. Currently i'm trying to use an Amp Sim (Amplitude 4 Custom Shop) just to get my guitar playing through my speakers but it's just not working. When i got to select the ASIO in either Reaper, Cubase, Ableton or Amplitude i can't get the focusrite to either show up as an option or to even get any signal input or output from my computer.

i honestly have no clue what i'm doing wrong so It would be great to get some help with this problem.

Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: GeForce GTX 960
RAM: 8GB

In Reaper and Ableton, you have to select the audio system (you will see ASIO), then you will see your unit. If you use the OS driver, Directsound, then you will have to find whatever the Windows' device name.

Plus what Pink stated, the output will go through the interface.

In Reaper and Ableton, you have to select the audio system (you will see ASIO), then you will see your unit. If you use the OS driver, Directsound, then you will have to find whatever the Windows' device name.

Plus what Pink stated, the output will go through the interface.

This is what i see when i start up reaper

9ef58f0840bb351fb0942f6e5a471188.png

and this is what i see when in the options

13f0570b50f1adeca49ea57b08a53627.png

every drop down menu is completely white with no options at all

is this a common problem?

Make sure your cable is connected, also, sometimes if a USB 2.0 interface is connected to a USB3 port, there have been reported issues. Try changing out USB ports and make sure it is USB 2.0.

You may retry the drivers if the above isn't an issue.

Make sure your cable is connected, also, sometimes if a USB 2.0 interface is connected to a USB3 port, there have been reported issues. Try changing out USB ports and make sure it is USB 2.0.

You may retry the drivers if the above isn't an issue.

It was already in a USB 2.0 slot and i've redownloaded the driver too many times. Honestly i have no clue why it isn't working at all

The only thing I can think of is maybe your USB port isn't putting out enough power (I am guessing here). Do you get a green light on the interface (Looks like there is a LED right under the USB logo), that would indicate it is connected. If that is what that light means and it isn't on, then your unit is not connecting.

If you have another computer, try connecting it to that, it should show up as a MS OS device with driver download. At least you can start eliminating things. Right now it could be, cable, unit or computer USB port.

The only thing I can think of is maybe your USB port isn't putting out enough power (I am guessing here). Do you get a green light on the interface (Looks like there is a LED right under the USB logo), that would indicate it is connected. If that is what that light means and it isn't on, then your unit is not connecting.

If you have another computer, try connecting it to that, it should show up as a MS OS device with driver download. At least you can start eliminating things. Right now it could be, cable, unit or computer USB port.

My computer is putting enough power into the focusrite, I can see the green light and when i plug in to play, the LED's on the volume knobs light up. I've just connected to my Macbook pro and it works perfectly fine but as soon as i go to use it on this PC, i get nothing out of it

Green light shows up and even when plugging in to play, the LED's around the volume knobs light up as well, i also plugged it into my Macbook Pro and the thing works perfectly fine, but i can't use my macbook as it'll freeze and crash all the time

OK, can you get it to work as just a soundcard? Make sure you have it selected in Windows and you have headphones or your speakers plugged into your device.

You may have to uninstall the driver, then clean the registry, then reinstall the driver. If your ASIO driver is not installing correctly:

attachment.php

a problem with it's associated keys in the registry is the likely suspect.

Back