Need a cheap card w/multiple inputs

MrKwik

**will man ho for gear**
I am looking for a soundcard that has more than just the 2 normal inputs. I am happy with the sound quality of my PC's standard low buck card but I just want more inputs. I cant afford anything like the DSP Factory or top end card with breakout box. I am a drummer and I just want to be able to record my drum mics on seperate tracks rather than an overall submix through my Berhinger mixer like I am doing now. Are there any cards out there like this that aren't too pricy?

-Mike

What is your price range? If you can spend up to about $400.00 the C-Port has been recommended quite abit.

Vice

There are no 4 input soundcards that are priced as low as you're looking. If you're seriously satisified with your current crappy soundcard, then add a second crappy soundcard and you're off.

Otherwise, I got my Delta44 brand new for $199 about a year ago. It typically retails for more than that, but keep your eyes open.

The Lexicon Core2 is $199 or so, but do a quick search here and maybe deja...the number of problems people encounter with the Lexicon can't be ignored.

Slackmaster 2000

you should be able to get a delta44 off ebay for a good price. lexicon core 2's are $149 but they aren't made anymore, and they have always had driver problems.

I like the add a second "crappy" sound card idea. Can I use 2 cards in the same machine? How does that work? That would give me what I am wanting to accomplish.

Click the search button and select this forum to search in. Then enter "multiple soundcards" (without the quotes) as the search term and have fun! You should turn up a dozen or more threads, and nothing has really changed in this regard.

Slackmaster 2000

I did a search and it looks like I just better tough it out until I can afford something decent. Looks like too much of a pain in the ass. Thanks for the recomendations though, I will do some research on those when it comes time to buy a new card.

-Mike

if you can even get 4 channels out of a Behringer mixer, Comp USA has a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard for $60...probably better quality than your current soundcard, yet not as good as the prosumer cards....it can record 4 tracks at a time.....

I have a 20ch 4 bus mixer. I will check into that. Sounds like what I need. Does it have 4 RCA inputs or just 2 stereo 1/8" inputs like a regular card?

What'd ya mean no crappy cards with more than two inputs for less than $400

If you're not worried about using Windows 2000 or XP Professional then I'd recommend a Maxi Studio ISIS.

They have 8 1/4 inch jack inputs (20bit convertors), 4 outputs, SP/DIF and Optical Digital I/O.

Second hand they're about £100 over the UK, even brand new they're only £219.

I've got one, they're really pretty good for the money, the thing that sucks is the support from Guillemot. i.e NONE. They've dropped the product effectively offering no further drivers, hence stuck with Win 98 unless someone has time to write some drivers.

Ho hum.

it has a regular 1/8" stereo input plus it has an extra 1/8" stereo jack that is programmable via the software mixer that allows you to use it as a line in, line out, whatever.....and the sound is better than the typical SB type card, yet not as good as the prosumer stuff (Delta,Aardvark,etc.).....

Back