n-track and it's effects(or is it affects)

jwgeetar

hey all
got a new one. i recorded/dubbed my old cassette album
onto my harddrive. problem is, i was experimenting before that and i left two effects on that track. well now the album file has got chorus and flange thru the whole thing. is there a way to remove this in n-track? i tried but couldn't find a way yet. the only thing i can think of is to re-do it for another hour.please no, not that.

thanx,jw

Re your subject line... it's "effects" ... and no apostrophe on the "its" when it's possessive, only when it's a contaction of "it is."

Re the question, no, you can't remove effects from audio once it's been recorded. There might be things you can do to to make them a bit less obvious but I doubt it.

AlChuck said:
Re your subject line... it's "effects" ... and no apostrophe on the "its" when it's possessive, only when it's a contaction of "it is."

Re the question, no, you can't remove effects from audio once it's been recorded. There might be things you can do to to make them a bit less obvious but I doubt it.
hehe, thanks alchuck--yea i shouldn't try to be cute, i'm just a wino songwriter with an occasional 3 dollar word. but while we're at it, what is a contaction?

yes, i figured it out.you bring up the effects module/plugin and click bypass. i like had 4 of'em up. worked great. otherwise, your stuck with said affect of effects, DOH---there i go again.

Serves me right. A "contaction" is the spot where you contact an infection?

Seriously, it sounds as if you didn't actually record the effects, just had them patched onto the tracks. So the original data was intact. Awwwright!

Back